The Family

The Family
Spring at Biltmore

Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Sweet Celebrity

If I might just take a moment to share with you what a hit Jacob is in this country. Of course every mother thinks that her baby is the sweetest and cutest, and I’m sure that any American baby has the same flood of attention that Jacob does here. BUT let me share with you how popular Jacob is when we go out. I have been stalked in the grocery store with Japanese women trying to catch a glimpse of Jacob, watch Japanese women take pictures of him with their cell phones while I bathe in the onsen, and the list goes on and on. During this trip, I took out my camera to catch other examples of Jacob’s popularity. One night at a small Thai restaurant here in Misawa, the owner asked to hold him while her husband, who works in the kitchen, took pictures. She then took Jacob over to the cash register to settle another patron’s check.




While at the B&B, three ladies from Hong Kong oogled over him and never missed an opportunity to take pictures.



And even the eccentric German who worked at the B&B helped Chris babysit!




Jacob is quite the celebrity wherever we go. What will we do the day we come back to the States and he does’t stop traffic?? =)

No comments: