The Family

The Family
Spring at Biltmore

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm 2 Months Old!!!!!!


Hi Everyone! Well, Jacob is officially 2 months old now. What a milestone! He's getting so big. At his 2 month appointment this week he weighed in at scale tipping 11.5 lbs. (Congrats to those who voted correctly!)


Everyday he is more and more alert and interacting with his surroundings. He has remained a very happy and content baby, and he's so close to sleeping through the night, we can taste it.




We thought for Jacob's 2 month blog, we'd tell everyone the full idea behind Mr. Bear! To do this properly, we needed to add my Dad's side of the story. So drum roll please!!! Jacob is blowing kisses to thank Grandpa for his contribution. Please welcome our first guest blogger...........Robert Cook.








Koala and Mr. Bear by Robert Cook


When I was born in Washington, D. C., December 1944, my father was flying B-26s in the Pacific Theatre, World War II.



He had passed through Australia and purchased a Koala teddy bear, which he sent home to me and my mother. At that time, Koala bears were over-running Australia and were hunted to be turned into stuffed bears. They are now protected.



After I was born my mother took a series of pictures of Koala and me in the crib (Left photo-double click for larger view). The series of photos were mailed to my father to show him how much I was growing each month and what a good job Koala was doing as a young teddy bear.





















Mr. Bear is a continuation of that family tradition. Koala, who is in remarkably good health for an old bear, spent several months with Mr. Bear mentoring him in the skills of a good teddy bear. When Koala thought Mr. Bear was ready, he assisted us in packing up Mr. Bear for his long flight to Misawa AB and Jacob.


Since then, Koala has been receiving regular reports from Susan and Jason concerning Mr. Bear’s progress. Koala has been very pleased with the reports.


Thanks Daddy!! As you can see from the sequential photos, Jacob has drastically changed from 2 to 4 to 8 weeks old.







Misawa is treating us well and we are very comfortable calling it home. We are, however, looking forward to our visit back to the States for Jason's conference in Louisville at the end of October. Enjoy Jacob's new pictures. Take care and see you all soon. J, S, + J



















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so handsome in his Colts outfit!!! You all look great and he is growing so much!!! See you in 37 days!!!

Love you all SO much!!

Aunt Bridget

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. All of us agree he is being feed very well! Thanks for the pictures. Great Grandma K. was just asking when I was going to get her an update for her picture book. See you soon.

Heather said...

He is so cute!! I am so excited for the update. Love all the pictures - and yes, I agree with your sister Suz, you look amazing!!

Heather said...

I love the new family picture.

Wendy said...

OKay- WOW! I had to catch up here! So much to look at! He is growing so quickly! Loved the video! Love ALL the pictures. You new haircut is ADORABLE! You look like a hottie!! I am sad that I will miss you all in Louisville! I hope you have a great time! It is just around the corner!!