The Family

The Family
Spring at Biltmore

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What I've Learned in 4 weeks!

Hello to all. Baby Jacob reporting in.

I am excited to celebrate my birthday! It's hard to believe that I have been in this world for over 4 weeks now. My parents say that I am already growing up too fast! I have had a fabulous time learning all sorts of new things. My parents have been pretty cool and taken me to a few places so I've gotten to see lots too! Here are some of the things I've learned and seen over the past 4 weeks:






-how to eat


- how to gain weight (I'm a whopping 8lbs, 8oz now!! Holy Cow!)



-how to pee on my parents (and on myself sometimes too!) during diaper changes

-how to open both eyes at the same time (I am no longer known as "one-eye Jake" albeit a cool nick name)


-how to burp like a champ




- how to enjoy "T" time with dad (T stands for testosterone time...no girls allowed). We like to talk about fantasy football, action movies, and the latest sports news. It also gives mom a break to do other things.




-the most comfortable positions to sleep on Mommy and Daddy during naps




-where the pediatrician's office is (I've been there 5 times now!)



-how to stay cool; it was in the 90's with heat index's in the 100's and we don't have AC!


-where the Japanese Toy's R Us is in the city of Hachinohe (I've been there twice now! I had to tear my Dad away from the Star Wars/Transformer Toys...)

-I have received gifts from all over the world! A nurse in my Dad's office who went to Toyko Disney gave me a fun present. I also received a gift from a Doctor in my Dad's office who just returned from from Jamica, not to mention all the gifts I've gotten from other people here and in the states!

-I've learned how to use the web cam to talk to my all of my Grandparents and lots of other family memebers through the computer!

-how to take walks with my Mommy

-how to ride in the Baby Bjorn and my Mom's sling







-where the Pacific Ocean beach is here in Misawa



- how to sleep with F-16's flying over our house daily. My parents tell me it is so neat to watch all the planes flying over the Base all day and that I'll really enjoy them when I'm older!


-how to drive the Sgt. in charge of taking Passport pictures nuts.









There are lots of other things but I can't possibly write about them all! Hope you are all doing well and can't wait to meet everyone soon! Next thing on the agenda for September, learn how to control these darn hands. Bye for now.



Jacob "the movie star" Massengill

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatz up Jacob? Thanks for the update! I love the picture of you and your Dad (well that is in question since everyone seems to think you look like the milkman) that he took...it is funny how your Mom is asleep in the back...

Watch out for those hands! They can be dangerous!! In the future you can use them for lots of things!!! Try not to pinch other people though...that isn’t nice...

Can't wait to see you in October!

Love, Aunt Bridge

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacob
Happy 4 weeks Birthday. Thanks for the update and the picture of you with your Mommy and Daddy. It appears you are having a great time keeping them both busy.
Tell your daddy to share his Star War figures with you. If he dosen't maybe Mommy will help you find one he dosen't have so you can play with it.
You take care, and we will talk with you soon.
Grandpa M

Heather said...

Jacob, It is so nice to hear from you! You are extremly articulate for your age. Very impressive. However, knowing your daddy - I would expect nothing less.

I cannot wait to meet you in person, and continue to keep your parents in line - it sounds like you are doing a great job so far!

Love, Heather

Anonymous said...

Wow Jacob - you've learned a lot in a few weeks. Very soon you'll be able to aim when your getting your diaper changed, so you won't get any on yourself! Wait for it . . . FIRE!!
It's nice to see how handsome you're getting with all the pictures your letting mommy and daddy take. Keep posting your adventures and your future learnings, we love to hear what you and your parents are up to!!
HAVE FUN!!
Eric Hartloff

Wendy said...

WOW! I can't believe how big he has gotten. It does go sooo fast!! Enjoy every second! You all look great, and you look like you are really enjoying it there!! Hoping for a bit cooler weather for you. I will sympathize with you in one year about the heat. (TX?)